Pelikan started in 1832 when chemist Carl Hornemann founded his own colour and ink factory in Hanover Germany. Gunther Wagner, chemist and plant manager, took over the company in 1871 and registered his family emblem, which showed a Pelikan, as the company's logo in 1878.
In 1929, the Pelikan fountain pen was born. It was well known for its trademark green shaft, technically innovative ink flow and transparent ink window. The differential piston mechanism was a true revolution of its time and is still used in most Pelikan models. Today, Pelikan pens and pencils are considered by many to be the finest available.
Pelikan Fountain Pens Currently Available .............